Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I Love You, Daddy

We love Him because He first loved us!

Love. Quite possibly the most powerful force on the planet. 
I heard a story the other day of a young boy who refused to pay attention, talked back, and generally just would not listen in class. One day the teacher went up to him and quietly asked him, "Damion*, look me in the eyes. Has anyone ever told you that they loved you?" The answer was no. She then said, "Guess what, I, love you. Damion, I truly love you." This young boy had never heard the words "I love you", and hearing them changed his little life. It was a new revelation, the beginning of an awakening of the heart. 
*Name has been changed to protect privacy.

My heavenly Father says the same thing to you and me, He says, "I love you. I truly love you." 
I have been learning (re-learning) that my Father did not save me because of the good things that I can do for Him, He saved me because He loves me. He wants a relationship, not just a slave. He calls me His friend (John 15:15), and more than that, His bride. That is what He wants the relationship to be, as the relationship between a husband and a wife should be; when they both just love to be together, to enjoy life together.  
For me this is a very freeing thought, and also challenging: it helps me to focus. One thing, that is my focus -- to be loving God with all of my heart. I believe that as this love grows deeper and more perfect the Christ-like Life will naturally flow from that love. I know the person that I would like to be, the character that I would like to possess, but I cannot attain it. In my own strength, I can only hold on for so long, and then I fail. How wonderful to know that it is He which does the good work in me and through me! My job is to love Him and trust Him. 

"Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" 
- Philippians 1: 6

"Faithful is He that calleth you, Who also will do it." 
- 1 Thessalonians 5:24

"And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created him: Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all." 
- Colossians 3:10-11

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

P.S. Hi there! Maybe you are new here. Perhaps you never received the emailed newsletters that I sent out previously...it has been a while since I sent out a newsletter. My hope is that I will be able to write here on this blog either weekly or bi-weekly, sharing what I am learning. Also, hopefully the things that I share will be encouraging to you as you also journey down the path deeper into the loving heart of our Father.

6 comments:

  1. Joanna,
    I love the new blog! I am definitely interested in reading what you have to say! You have a wonderful perspective on life for someone your age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna,
    I love the new blog! I am definitely interested in reading what you have to say! You have a wonderful perspective on life for someone your age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanna, I like the blog. Shannon and I have one two you can check out if interested. :) You will want to be sure the text is not too difficult to read though with the different pic backgrounds coming through.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hooray! Please do email me with a link to y'alls blog, I'd love to check it out! And, thanks so much for the helpful feedback!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. You can simply click on our blog name, or anyone who leaves feedback with a "B" icon which will load the user's profile. From there you can click on our blog title which is listed under "My Blogs". :)

      Delete