Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Life

God, I really want to live...You. My life's not worth living...and I just really really want to have You flowing out of me. I don't like what I see when I see me talking with people, interacting with others, working, serving. You are beautiful....You're everything that I want to be. Please Daddy, please help me. "...if [a son] ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?....how much more shall your Father which is in Heaven give good things to them that ask Him?"!!!!!!!!! (Matthew 7:10-11).

I have been asking. This has been my prayer more or less. (I have also asked for awake-ness, alertness, and comprehension when I'm reading my Bible in the mornings!....my brain tends to wake up slowly it seems....) What a wonderful thing, I read a beautiful promise in 2 Corinthians! "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2 Corinthians 3:18).
Seeking to dwell in His presence, beholding His glory, just enjoying sharing every part of my day with Him, talking with Him, being thankful, rejoicing in His goodness....this has been my week, and it has been wonderful! God is faithful. He is the one at work in my heart.

I have still been basking in the revelation of how much my Daddy loves me and just wants to hang out with me, it makes me want oh so much to be with Him, to know Him, for His life to be living in and through me. Truly, we only love Him because He loved us first! Reading my Bible these past few days has been so rich and full of life, so precious and "just-for-me"; speaking to my needs, my thoughts, my feelings. I should not be surprised since the Word is alive and personal...and I asked. *happy smile*



"Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly, in all wisdom..."
These words have been almost like a constant theme playing in my thoughts over the past week: perhaps that is not surprising considering that I have been asking God to help me to live in His presence continually. Psalm 16:11 says, "Thou wilt show me the path of life: in Thy presence is fullness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." The Word, the Word, the Word. Oh how important I am realizing it is! (again.) This relationship I'm in, how do I get to know this amazing Guy if I don't listen to what He's saying, or don't pay attention, or don't remember? When I treasure these Words, it makes them come alive! He is the Word and He is Alive!!! (1 Peter 1:22-25).

Oh yes, this week has been full of wonderful Life! ....which brings abundant Joy! Sure, there've been plenty of bumps, question marks, and pain throughout the week; but there is always joy as well, because I am not walking by myself, I have a Friend....and everything's okay as long as I'm with Him, 'cause He makes it that way. *happy, contented sigh* Life is good! (because God made it. *grin*)

No comments:

Post a Comment